Mini Vinnie’s Update #24
18 Jul 2019
18 July 2019
Welcome to this 24th update for the St Bede’s Mini Vinnies group.
It has been a full and active year for the Mini Vinnies her in St Bede’s. As well as the joys of helping to make the sandwiches for the soup kitchen, the group have been united in their friendship and service as they have come together and have willingly given so much of their time in support of others. They have been true to the Mini Vinnies motto, which is “Turning Concern into action.” As a school community, we have been most generous during the Summer Term in providing many donations of toiletries and practical items for those brothers and sisters in need on the street. These items were collected and gratefully received last week, by two members from Our Lady of Mount Carmel Parish SVP Group.
Here have been some of the highlights of this year’s Mini Vinnie Group 2018-2019.
- During this Academic Year the group made approximately over 4,000 sandwiches for the SVP soup kitchen in Birmingham City Centre.
- Meeting Bishop Robert Byrne in the Spring Term as he came in to visit the group as he had heard about their amazing work and sterling efforts. The Group showed him just how brilliantly they got on with the task in hand to create over 200 sandwiches that would be used later on for the Soup Kitchen and outreach.
- We enjoyed a special Mini Vinnies Thanksgiving Mass in the Summer Term. It was lovely to come together as a Group and give thanks to God for each other and for our Membership of the wider Society of St Vincent de Paul in the United Kingdom.
- Some of our Mini Vinnies in Year 7 received the Sacrament of Confirmation and continued to put the Gifts and Fruits of the Holy Spirit into practise by being wholehearted in their commitment and dedication to being a Mini Vinnie and a practising Catholic Christian.
- Collecting the toiletries and items during the Autumn and Spring Terms was wonderful and humbling as many pupils selflessly thought of others’ needs and brought in lots of useful practical and thoughtful items.
Thank you to all of you who have supported us as Mini Vinnies this academic Year in St Bede’s. Thank you for your prayers and support, especially with everyone who has helped to provide ingredients for the sandwich making, the toiletries appeal and the deodorants and bottled water appeal. Thank you to all those members of Staff who have supported us with their time, resources and talents. May the Lord bless you for your generosity!
“Whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of Mine, you did it for Me.” Jesus. Matthew 25:40
Thanks so much for all the practical and spiritual support that you provide for the Mini Vinnies to continue their sterling work and service in our local community. Please continue to pray for the group as we keep going in the Lord’s service supporting our brothers and sisters in need.
Please pray for all who faithfully support and run the SVP Soup Kitchen in the City of Birmingham and those who are in most need who come and use this vital outreach service.
Keep reading and pray for us as we continue to live our lives being Intentional and Prophetic Mini Vinnies!
St Vincent de Paul, Pray for us!
St Frederick Ozanam, Pray for us!
Blessed Sister Rosalie Rendu, Pray for us!
St Louise de Marillac, Pray for us!
St Bede, Pray for us!
Our Lady of Mount Carmel, Pray for us!