St Bede’s Catholic Middle School achieves ‘Centre of Excellence’ status with IQM
On the 11th and 12th March 2021, we welcomed Ms Kenny Frederick from the Inclusion Quality Mark (UK) team. Prior to assessment we had to submit an extensive self-evaluation report.
During the robust assessment process, Ms Frederick met with a large number of staff, pupils, parents and Governors in order to externally assess, validate and verify our inclusive practices within school.
The practices and principles assessed are as follows:
- The Inclusion Values and Practice of the School.
- The Learning Environment, Resources and ICT.
- Learner Attitudes, Values and Personal Development.
- Learner Progress and the Impact on Learning.
- Learning and Teaching.
- Parents, Carers and Guardians.
- Governing Body and Management – External Accountability / Support.
- The School in the Community – How this supports inclusion.
The whole school community is delighted that the skill, talent and commitment of the school’s inclusive provision has been externally validated by IQM. This will allow us to share our inclusive practices and approaches with other schools.